hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] future web site structure
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2007 13:28:32 GMT

On Thu, 2007-12-20 at 09:30 +0100, Roland Weber wrote:
> Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> > I personally prefer to use just one tool for web site authoring. So far
> > Maven was good enough
>
> Was it?

I think it was. At least for me.

> Actually, I do have some questions. When I generate the site
> for one of the components, I see several "reports" being run, including
> JavaDocs. Does that mean Maven picks up the JavaDocs from trunk when
> we redeploy a component site?

As far as I know Maven always use the local snapshot. The snapshot can
either off the trunk or a tag.

> I start to get the feeling that Maven is a black hole that
> drags everything into it.

Maven is VERY invasive. It either its way or the highway. However, it
does help to enforce uniform release structure and process, which is, in
my opinion, a good thing.

>  Once you do something with Maven,
> you'll never be able to do it any other way. And the argument
> of not using two different tools for the same thing then
> eliminates all alternatives.
>
> Anyway, go ahead. Saves me the time I meant to put into
> adapting the Jakarta site generation :-)

Roland, Sebastian

Feel free to explore alternatives. I will happily step aside for a
while.

Cheers

Oleg