hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [HttpCore] Nearing API freeze
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 09:44:09 GMT

> Does the API freeze apply to the HttpClient API also?

Certainly not. It is still a long way to go before HttpClient 4.0 API
can be frozen.

>  I've only
>  recently started to use the library and I'm not entirely clear on how the two
>  are managed in relation to each other.

HttpCore is a set of low level components that represent the most
fundamental and generic aspects of the HTTP protocol. They can be used
to build client, server or proxy HTTP services.

HttpClient 4.0 is just a better client than HttpClient 3.x and is based
on HttpCore.

> Anyway, It would be nice to have
>  a setUri in the HttpUriRequest interface. That method is already in
>  all of the implementing classes, so I would think it's a simple change.

It should be a trivial change. I'll take care of it.

Oleg