hc-dev mailing list archives

From ossf...@dubioso.net
Subject RE: Roland Weber as HttpComponents PMC Chair
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 15:27:13 GMT
Hi Oleg,

> I promise I'll happily do all the time consuming work for you until
> Christmas (Catholic, that is)

Chairs - and in particular chairs for projects
moving TLP - are expected to subscribe to infra@.
No way. I've got more than enough stuff to take
care of, without pluggin into a list that warns
subscribers about "massive amounts of email".
I originally suggested the December board meeting
as our target because I will have time after that,
but not before. That hasn't changed.

This year, I've neglected by lecture preparations
in September because of HttpComponents. I have not
been able to catch up in October because I was
business travelling up to 6 days a week. And now
I'm left with one weekend to prepare the written
test if I want to make the deadline. At the same
time, I haven't seen most of my friends for weeks
or months. What I need is a break, and not more
responsibility. One of the rules for volunteering
that you can find on the infra pages is:
Don't volunteer if you can't get the job done.
And that's why I'm not volunteering for PMC chair
until the November board meeting is over.

cheers,
  Roland