hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Julius Davies" <juliusdav...@gmail.com>
Subject not-yet-commons-ssl-0.3.9 released
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 05:05:21 GMT
Hi,

not-yet-commons-ssl-0.3.9 released.  Site updated to reflect this
(http://juliusdavies.ca/commons-ssl/).

You can download it from here:
http://juliusdavies.ca/commons-ssl/download.html

I hope httpcomponents and BouncyCastle mailing lists don't mind
receiving this post.  Send me a note if you prefer not to receive
these in future.  I only included BC this time because of item #3 in
the changelog below.

* * *

Changelog for not-yet-commons-ssl-0.3.9:

1. PBE is now Compatible with openssl enc -K [key] -iv [IV].
    People were asking for this. See the PBE page for more details.

   PBE page is here:
   http://juliusdavies.ca/commons-ssl/pbe.html

2. DES2 with PBE was broken.
    Fixed.

3. directory.apache.org didn't write the ASN.1 code. BouncyCastle did.
    Now using latest ASN.1 parsing code from BC, and attributing it properly.

4. The "ping" utility has a few more options.
    For those who need more than just a "HEAD /" request. You can also
set the HTTP host header, independent of the target host/ip.

--
yours,

Julius Davies
250-592-2284 (Home)