hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TLP - first steps
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 20:31:39 GMT
Roland Weber wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> it seems we've overcome [1] and are now proceeding to [2].
> I don't think we need to establish new formal bylaws on
> the spot, we've been operating with the Jakarta bylaws
> for quite some time.
>
> [1] http://www.apache.org/dev/project-creation.html
> [2] http://www.apache.org/dev/project-creation-tasks.html
>

> So, the next decision seems to be on the domain name.
> The Web Services project has domain "ws.apache.org".
> Should we ask for hc.apache.org to keep our URLs short?
> If not, it should be httpcomponents.apache.org.

+1 to ask for hc.apache.org first, if refused, go for
httpcomponents.apache.org

> Then, the mailing lists. I suggest the following, most
> of which are obvious:
>
> private@     - new
> dev@         - from httpcomponents-dev@jakarta
> commits@     - from httpcomponents-commits@jakarta
> http-user@   - from httpclient-user@jakarta
>
> Keeping "http" in the user list name makes the new name
> easily recognizable by those used to "httpclient-user",
> even if we should have a short domain name. It also
> makes things easier if we adopt new subprojects with
> separate user lists in the future. I don't see a need
> for an announcement list.

Why not just keep the existing name (httpclient) of the user list? I
personally think all questions about HttpCore belong to the dev list
anyways.

> Can Wikis be renamed or should we create a new one and
> copy over the stuff that is still relevant?
>
> For JIRA, we'll keep our current projects. I don't know
> whether some access lists have to be modified because
> we're leaving Jakarta.

I think JIRA is almost all right. I'll take care of small things like
removing references to Jakarta in project descriptions and creating a
new group HttpComponents.

Cheers

Oleg