hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject TLP - first steps
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 18:13:15 GMT
Hi all,

it seems we've overcome [1] and are now proceeding to [2].
I don't think we need to establish new formal bylaws on
the spot, we've been operating with the Jakarta bylaws
for quite some time.

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/project-creation.html
[2] http://www.apache.org/dev/project-creation-tasks.html

So, the next decision seems to be on the domain name.
The Web Services project has domain "ws.apache.org".
Should we ask for hc.apache.org to keep our URLs short?
If not, it should be httpcomponents.apache.org.

Then, the mailing lists. I suggest the following, most
of which are obvious:

private@     - new
dev@         - from httpcomponents-dev@jakarta
commits@     - from httpcomponents-commits@jakarta
http-user@   - from httpclient-user@jakarta

Keeping "http" in the user list name makes the new name
easily recognizable by those used to "httpclient-user",
even if we should have a short domain name. It also
makes things easier if we adopt new subprojects with
separate user lists in the future. I don't see a need
for an announcement list.

Can Wikis be renamed or should we create a new one and
copy over the stuff that is still relevant?

For JIRA, we'll keep our current projects. I don't know
whether some access lists have to be modified because
we're leaving Jakarta.
I'll take care of Gump when we're moving the code to the
new subversion location. I was planning to work on that
after christmas (Gregorian).

Let me know what you think.

cheers,
  Roland