hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Pankaj Arora" <par...@castiron.com>
Subject Close_Wait problem
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 21:43:36 GMT
Hi,

I am using Http Commons to implement my http client and observe that
after running the client for large number of request connections are
left in close_wait stage. I searched through archives and noticed that
following were suggested:

1. Reuse instances of HttpClient or the associated
HttpConnectionManager, this may have threading implications.

I do that.

2. Do closeidleConnections(long timeout) or customIdleConnectionTimeout
thread

I do closeIdleConnections(20*1000). Please do tell if anything else
needs to be done for this solution.

3. Add a "Connection: close" and/or "Proxy-Connection: close" header to

all methods.  This should work in most cases, assuming that the server
echoes the header in the response.

I don't want to do this as can't take the performance hit.

Is there any other way or do I need to do anything else in first 2
solutions so that it works for me.

I am using a Jetty based server for the response side.

Thanks,
Pankaj Arora