hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mina-protocol-http-client, AsyncWeb and Jakarta HttpComponents
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2007 13:08:27 GMT

On Fri, 2007-11-23 at 11:31 +0000, Paul Fremantle wrote:
> Oleg
>
> They refused. Some did that in a very offensive manner.
>

> I understood there might be some feeling about this which is why I said:
>
> > > think I will shut up now!
> >

> However, I think you're attitude is right - if there are people here who are
> willing to try to work with MINA then we should, but if no-one has time or
> inclination, I don't think we should worry about it either.
>
> I like the idea of putting HTTPCore over APR.  What is Grizzly?

Grizzly is a NIO framework / a set of HTTP components used by Sun's
Glassfish application server.

I still have to take a closer look at it, but from what I have learned
so far, Grizzly appears to be more compatible with HttpCore's way of
doing NIO and it does not seem to have the shortcomings MINA has.

https://grizzly.dev.java.net/

Oleg