hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject HttpClient 3.x shipped with Google Android
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 17:24:33 GMT
Long passed the time when I got get surprised at finding some high
profile commercial companies using HttpClient in their 'serious'
real-world products, but this one caught my attention.

Google is apparently shipping our code as an integral part of their
Android platform, which seems to support my assertion that we ought not
neglect compatibility with older JREs, at least for Core components:

http://code.google.com/android/reference/org/apache/commons/httpclient/package-summary.html

I suspect we may see our code used more and more on mobile platforms in
the future.

Evil Comrade Oleg