hc-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: TLP proposal draft
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2007 16:06:53 GMT
On 29.10.2007, at 16:33, ossfwot@dubioso.net wrote:

>> _Listening in to the discussion on this list and checking out the
>> web pages,
>> _my impression is you guys are writing the HTTP core components, a
>> set of lean
>> _and clean low level components for implementing HTTP based
>> services (please
>> _read services not in the strict SOAP sense).
>> _
>> _Isn't that cool enough?
>
> Cool enough for me. ...

Same here, but see below.

>> _If there there are other activities, not falling in this area,
>> they could
>> _always be made separate projects, no?
>
> No, not always....
> If others feel better without the application part,
> I'm not going to insist on it.

I see no problem with it, and I don't think it blurs the scope too
much - as Oleg said, there's no hidden agenda or specific plans...
though I think we should be open to evolve, instead of fighting about
the probably too limited scope later on.

You never know what happens in the future and the PMC has the final
say then - it's not like anybody would force us to adopt something
later on just because the scope left room for it. It just gives us
the possibility to at least think about an adoption at a later time
instead of categorically declining it.

(That's also the reason why I lobbied against the very restricting
nature of the other paragraph.)

Thx for your feedback though!

Cheers,
Erik