hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Joerg Bullmann" ...@heilancoo.net>
Subject HTTP components and OSGi
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2007 09:40:58 GMT
Hi there,

Just stumbled upon this: <http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/HttpComponentsAndOSGi>.
I have been experimenting writing a bunch of Eclipse plugins (= OSGi bundles) to easily add
HTTP access to Eclipse applications. In a sense a bit like a very simple and light weight
web app container.

In the context of this I have created a plugin out of HTTPcore, HTTPcoreNIO and HTTPcore NIOSSL.
I just threw the source and resource trees into the plugin and adjusted the manifest and did
the wiring. Nothing particularly polished. Seems to work, though.

All from within Eclipse. Should you need any help or assistance, the little of it all that
I know, I am happy to share.

Cheers,
Joerg