hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: TLP proposal draft
Date Sun, 28 Oct 2007 18:38:19 GMT
Erik Abele wrote:

> I'm not so sure about the 4th parapgraph: the first part is implicit
> anyway (adoption), the second part is fine but sounds a bit strange -
> dunno, I guess the board will have questions here, but it probably isn't
> a show-stopper, so best is to leave it as it is and wait on feedback...

How about this:

RESOLVED, that the Apache !HttpComponents Project will not create new
applications, but only '''adopt existing efforts''' at Apache to develop
applications based on the components and wishing to join the Apache
!HttpComponents Project, '''excluding''' efforts to implement
'''standardized server-side containers''' such as a Servlet or Portlet
container; and be it further

Maybe we can also drop "to develop applications". The "excluding..."
stuff is not really necessary, but I'd leave it in as a courtesy to
the folks who had concerns about the creation of the HttpComponents
subproject at the time.

This explicit restriction should not only help to shape our scope,
but also protects us from questions like "you promised us applications,
where are they?" ;-)

signing off for today...
  Roland