hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: release labels
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2007 19:28:22 GMT
Andrea Selva wrote:
> Intended as the led zeppelin album title:-D...seriously, in my opinion is
> more clear the "release candidate" term just before "final"

I agree with that. The problem I have is that "release candidate"
also has a different meaning, which is explained on an Apache-wide
website:

   Release Candidates are packages that have been proposed for approval
   as a release but have not yet been approved by the project.

That site tells users that release candidates are not approved releases,
and that they should stay away from them. Not that our users have cared
so far ;-)

cheers,
  Roland