hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: release labels
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2007 16:36:16 GMT
Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:

> I am +0 on a, followed by b. What about PRC (public release condidate)
> or some such?

It would be helpful for OSGi versioning if our labels were alphabetical.

alpha
beta
???
final

Simply "candidate" would fit. Or "complete" to indicate that the
functionality is complete and we're only working on test coverage,
bug fixes and documentation?
Or else we use "ultimate" for "final" in OSGi versioning :-)

> I long wanted to write a document on the release process, different
> development stages and their corresponding target milestones. This is
> probably about time I did that.

No need to rush. There is plenty of time until our next release
beyond beta. I just happened to notice that page last week, and
a JIRA issue assigned to rc1 today. Of course it might help new
people to get on board. I sure won't stop you from writing docs :-)

cheers,
  Roland