hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: Response already committed error when sending error responses on a load test
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2007 16:22:29 GMT
Hi Oleg,

> The 'connection: close' header is added by the ResponseConnControl
> protocol interceptor [1]. In many cases 500 status code represents a
> fatal error, which may leave the connection in an inconsistent state.

The connection itself should be in a consistent state, since it
is used to send an error response. I can imagine that the response
object may be in an inconsistent state. But then it should not be
used for sending the response in the first place, right?

> Therefore, I think it is a reasonable defensive measure to drop the
> connection.

I can live with that. But maybe we should discuss where exactly
inconsistencies may occur, and whether dropping the connection
helps to solve them.

cheers,
  Roland