hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Regarding SSL Handling in HTTPCore.
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 11:39:44 GMT

On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 16:35 +0530, Techie India wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to know why the SSLIOSession's doHandshake method for NEED_UNWRAP is
> not handling  SSLEngineResult.Status.BUFFER_UNDERFLOW and
> SSLEngineResult.Status.BUFFER_OVERFLOW
> cases.

Both status codes are informational and are intended to indicate more
data is needed to complete wrap/unwrap operation. They do not represent
an error condition.

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/javax/net/ssl/SSLEngineResult.Status.html

> I want to know this as my Client application get hanged for the Https
> Request, I debugged the SSLIOSession's doHandshake (on my Server Side with
> alpha6 Version) and find that SSLEngineResult.Status.BUFFER_UNDERFLOW  is
> being return as Status.
>
> Also previously with HtttpCore_alpha4 everything was working fine, so can
> you please tell me what are the major changes are made from aplha4 to alpha6
> in HTTPCoreNIOSSl which can break the things.
>

> Thanks

Changes in the NIO module may have also led to regressions in the SSL
transport and there have been too many changes between alpha4 and alpha6
to name them all.

There was an important post alpha6 bug fix in NIOSSL [1]. Please upgrade
to the latest snapshot off the trunk and see if the problem still
persists. If it does, try to narrow the problem down to a self-contained
test case, which I could use to reproduce the problem locally.

Oleg

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCORE-123