hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Pascal S. de Kloe" <pas...@quies.net>
Subject Re: Performance
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2007 13:12:58 GMT
Hello Oleg,

> (2) Can you give us a little more details regarding the performance
> problems you have been observing?

The latencies they are experiencing are somewhere between 37 and 100 ms with 10
threads doing 100 HTTP GET calls each. However once they move to a 100 threads
with 1000 calls each the latencies go up from 1500 to 15000 ms!

I guess this has something to do with the extensive use of synchronized methods?

> (3) Give us a little more details about your application. At the very
> least what version of HttpClient is being used.

The application is a server doing lots of small HTTP GET requests with one of
the latest 3.x versions.

> Just for the record, HttpClient 3.x codeline has numerous design issues
> with its core components but I am not aware of anything that may lead to
> "some serious performance problems"

For this server 40 ms is a serious performance problem. That's why I wanted to
know how much performance tuning you'd like. ;)

Thanks for your quick reply.