hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Performance
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2007 13:04:44 GMT

On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 14:46 +0200, Pascal S. de Kloe wrote:
> A client of mine is having some serious performance problems with the HTTP
> client and requested to improve things.
>
> Do you accept patches like the attached one?
>
> * Lazy initialization
> * Use indexed ArrayList methods
> * Removes the need for CookieIdentityComparator

Pascal,

(1) First off, we _happily_ accept patches
(2) Can you give us a little more details regarding the performance
problems you have been observing?
(3) Give us a little more details about your application. At the very
least what version of HttpClient is being used.

Just for the record, HttpClient 3.x codeline has numerous design issues
with its core components but I am not aware of anything that may lead to
"some serious performance problems"

Cheers

Oleg