hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HTTP components and OSGi
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2007 10:10:19 GMT

On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 11:40 +0200, Joerg Bullmann wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Just stumbled upon this: <http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/HttpComponentsAndOSGi>.
I have been experimenting writing a bunch of Eclipse plugins (= OSGi bundles) to easily add
HTTP access to Eclipse applications. In a sense a bit like a very simple and light weight
web app container.

> In the context of this I have created a plugin out of HTTPcore, HTTPcoreNIO and HTTPcore
NIOSSL. I just threw the source and resource trees into the plugin and adjusted the manifest
and did the wiring. Nothing particularly polished. Seems to work, though.

> All from within Eclipse. Should you need any help or assistance, the little of it all
that I know, I am happy to share.

Hi Joerg,

Please do so. The procedure is pretty standard: open a JIRA ticket and
use it to keep track of proposed changes and to submit patches.

Cheers

Oleg