hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [HttpCore] Tasks blocking 4.0 API freeze
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2007 09:56:12 GMT

On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 08:46 +0200, ossfwot@dubioso.net wrote:
> Hi Oleg,
>
> I don't see a point in replacing the parser code.
> 2 or 3 percent improvement in parsing is hardly
> relevant, compared to the IO operations that are
> going on.

True. However, a somewhat more flexible parser API may come handy when
dealing with 'fuzzy' headers such as Set-Cookie [1] which need to be
parsed differently depending on the protocol compliance level of the
origin server.

I am willing to invest some time into yet another revision of the HTTP
parsers before the API is frozen. I will not commit the changes unless I
get an okay from you.

> I'd like to get the string token iterator into the
> beta1 though. Otherwise, we'd have to wait for a
> beta2 until we can use that feature in client alpha3.
>
> I should be able to provide that code within the
> next three weeks, assuming that things at work
> quiet down a bit.

There is plenty of time before BETA1. No need to rush.

Cheers

Oleg

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCLIENT-667