hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [HttpCore] HttpComponents Core 4.0-alpha6 pre-release packages
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 15:59:20 GMT
On Mon, 2007-10-01 at 16:18 +0100, ant elder wrote:
> How about adding a BUILDING.txt file in the src distro saying how and what
> you need to build (jdk 1.4 and mvn?)? I see the build.xml so assumed Ant
> would work, but it doesn't anymore you need to build with maven right?
>
>    ...ant

Hi Anthony

I think Ant build script should still work (at least it still does for
me) but it has been effectively unmaintained for some time. I and Roland
had a disagreement as to what purpose that script should serve, and as a
result no one touches that script anymore. So, Maven 2.0.x is the only
recommended and supported tool to build HttpComponents. There is nothing
special to it, just utterly boring 'mvn package' is all that it takes to
build the JARs. I can put together a short description of the process,
though.

Cheers

Oleg