hc-dev mailing list archives

From Johannes Koch <johannes.k...@fit.fraunhofer.de>
Subject Re: [HttpClient trunk] redirect loses request headers
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2007 17:04:59 GMT
Hi Roland,

Roland Weber schrieb:
> Hello Johannes,
>
>> when after a redirect response a retry is done by the
>> DefaultClientRequestDirector,
>
> DCRD retries if there is an IO error. In that case, the
> original request is used. If a redirect response is
> received, there is no retry. Redirects are handled by
> creating a new request for the redirect target.

Yep, sorry for mixing terminology. I meant a new request.

>> Do I have to add a request interceptor?
>
> That is one way. The same request interceptors will be
> applied to the request from your application and to the
> redirected request. You can implement an interceptor
> that adds all headers you want to add to both requests.
>
> There is also a parameter DEFAULT_HEADERS among the
> client parameter names. It can be set per request if
> necessary. That's probably the easiest way.

I tried this. But the headers specified via DEFAULT_HEADERS are only
added to the original request (orig), not to a subsequent request for
the redirect.

> Finally, you could disable automatic redirect handling
> and take care of the redirect in your application. Or
> you could implement a custom ClientRequestDirector.
> Those are the most complex options.

That's what I try to avoid :-)
--
Johannes Koch
BIKA Web Compliance Center - Fraunhofer FIT