hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r573978
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2007 11:57:56 GMT
Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:

> If you want the parser to be truly generic you cannot expect the version
> part to always be 4 char in length as it can also be something like
> 20.121 or 234.5

Yes, I know. That branch will only be executed when someone
is looking for a protocol version at the end of the line,
which is not used anywhere in our code at the moment. The
functionality is the result of a generalization I made,
and I'm still considering to remove it rather than to add
reverse scanning code.
The realistic cases I see are HTTP/1.1, HTTP/1.0, SIP/2.0
If there is a real need for multi-digit version numbers, a
derived parser can be used as a workaround.

Good catch!

cheers,
  Roland