hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject params classes vs. interfaces
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2007 10:55:48 GMT
Hi all,

we currently have classes for defining parameter names and
utility methods for setting/getting parameters in a set:

o.a.h.p.HttpConnectionParams
o.a.h.p.HttpProtocolParams
o.a.h.nio.p.HttpNIOParams
o.a.h.auth.p.AuthParams
o.a.h.cookie.p.CookieSpecParams
o.a.h.conn.p.HttpConnParams
o.a.h.client.p.HttpClientParams

Since all constructors are disabled, it is not possible
to combine these classes in a hierarchy. I would like to
move the definition of parameter names into a separate
set of interfaces, and to arrange these interfaces in a
hierarchy. And define an interface AllClientParamNames
(or similar).
The purpose is to allow users to locate parameters in the
JavaDocs without being familiar with our "informal unit"
structure. It's the last API change I have in store for
core, and it would be a compatible one.

Please let me know what you think.

cheers,
  Roland