hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: [HttpClient] HttpClient 3.x deployed at the new location (Commons nore more)
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2007 08:09:03 GMT
Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I deployed HttpClient 3.1 site at the new location under HttpComponents
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/httpcomponents/httpclient-3.x/
>
> I am going to make a formal announcement of the release tomorrow and am
> going to ask Commons folks to remove all references to HttpClient from
> their site, setup a redirect to the new location, and delete all
> HttpClient packages from their distribution location

Don't know whether you forgot to ask or whether nobody acted
on it. I've now set up redirects from Commons and our old Jakarta
location, after realizing that I can do that in an .htaccess file
without getting Infra involved. The temporary HttpClient site in
Commons and their download pages for HttpClient are gone.
I don't know where to find their distribution directory though:

> http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/httpclient/

References on their site are still present, but they are now
redirected to the correct location. I couldn't find the source
from which they generate their site.

cheers,
  Roland