hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [HttpClient] HttpClient 3.x deployed at the new location (Commons nore more)
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2007 09:55:11 GMT
On 09/09/2007, Roland Weber <ossfwot@dubioso.net> wrote:
> Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > I deployed HttpClient 3.1 site at the new location under HttpComponents
> >
> > http://jakarta.apache.org/httpcomponents/httpclient-3.x/
> >
> > I am going to make a formal announcement of the release tomorrow and am
> > going to ask Commons folks to remove all references to HttpClient from
> > their site, setup a redirect to the new location, and delete all
> > HttpClient packages from their distribution location
>
> Don't know whether you forgot to ask or whether nobody acted
> on it. I've now set up redirects from Commons and our old Jakarta
> location, after realizing that I can do that in an .htaccess file
> without getting Infra involved. The temporary HttpClient site in
> Commons and their download pages for HttpClient are gone.
> I don't know where to find their distribution directory though:
>
> > http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/httpclient/

I think that's
   /www/www.apache.org/dist/commons/httpclient
on people

I've emptied it of all the old releases (which are in archives anyway).

One could create a index page to point to the new directory?

There will be a new archive directory, so the download page
could/should now have two links.

> References on their site are still present, but they are now
> redirected to the correct location. I couldn't find the source
> from which they generate their site.

Probably best to just send them a note of the references that need to
be changed?