hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Berlin" <sber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NIO HttpCore stability
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 17:12:03 GMT
LimeWire also uses HttpCore & the HttpNIO API.  We shipped a major
release with it and have not seen any problems (major or minor).  One
key difference is that we do *not* use HttpNIO's selector/channel
handling, we plugged in our own implementation that was already in use
for the rest of LimeWire.  The good side of that means the HttpNIO API
and code is very capable and can work with different NIO
implementations, but the downside (for you) is that I can't say we've
tested that part of it.

Sam