hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: Connection Manager Garbage Collection
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2007 18:13:21 GMT
Roland Weber wrote:
> So here is my dubious stratagem...
>
> 1. move TSCCM into a separate package
> 2. factor out some of the inner classes
>   a) replace the nesting with weak or hard references
>   b) introduce interfaces where needed
> 3. move static maps into a separate class which
>    is marked for extinction
> 4. document the relations between the classes
>    in a package.html
> 5. perform remaining cleanup, exterminate 3.
> 6. see what can be generalized

I finally got around to take care of 4.
Please have a look and let me know whether
the documentation achieves to explain how
connection garbage collection depends on
the proper use of hard and weak references:
http://people.apache.org/~rolandw/client-jdoc/org/apache/http/impl/conn/tsccm/package-summary.html

Ignoring that there is always more cleanup
to be done, steps 1-5 are complete. Step 6
has a low priority. HTTPCLIENT-677 is now
the top item on the todo list for TSCCM.

cheers,
  Roland