hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: preparing 3.x site move
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2007 10:36:40 GMT
Roland Weber wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've made some changes to the HttpClient 3.x site in SVN,
> to prepare a move to /httpcomponents/httpclient-3.x/.
> A preview is available at
> http://people.apache.org/~rolandw/httpclient-3.x/index.html
>
> changes I made:
> - changed Commons links to http://commons.apache.org/
>   (in particular in the logging guide)
> - replaced old dev list names with httpcomponents-dev
> - dropped the Commons section in our navigation bar
>   (it depended on a Commons DTD that was moved)
> - added a History section to index.html, explaining
>   the Commons and Jakarta parts of the project name
>
> Please review the changes. The old links on the news
> page remain unchanged. I've also updated some build
> properties, but only an attempt to deploy the site
> will show whether I got that right.

Hi Roland

I randomly clicked around and that what I have found

(1) On the 'Developer Guide' page link 'Jakarta Mission' points to
pampa. Besides, there is no longer such thing as Jakarta mission. We
should remove this entry altogether.
(2) Download link should be changed (at least temporarily) from
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_commons-httpclient.cgi
to http://commons.apache.org/downloads/download_httpclient.cgi.

> Unfortunately, these changes are only half of the job.
> We still have to disentangle the downloads and archive
> from Commons. I guess setting up a Commons HttpClient
> download page as part of HttpComponents is the way to
> go. That will require updating the Jakarta site.
> The HttpComponents site also has a pointer to the 3.x
> home page, which we should update eventually.

I can take care of that in the process of cutting the release. I know
how to handle it

Cheers

Oleg