hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject preparing 3.x site move
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2007 10:07:32 GMT
Hi all,

I've made some changes to the HttpClient 3.x site in SVN,
to prepare a move to /httpcomponents/httpclient-3.x/.
A preview is available at
http://people.apache.org/~rolandw/httpclient-3.x/index.html

changes I made:
- changed Commons links to http://commons.apache.org/
  (in particular in the logging guide)
- replaced old dev list names with httpcomponents-dev
- dropped the Commons section in our navigation bar
  (it depended on a Commons DTD that was moved)
- added a History section to index.html, explaining
  the Commons and Jakarta parts of the project name

Please review the changes. The old links on the news
page remain unchanged. I've also updated some build
properties, but only an attempt to deploy the site
will show whether I got that right.

Unfortunately, these changes are only half of the job.
We still have to disentangle the downloads and archive
from Commons. I guess setting up a Commons HttpClient
download page as part of HttpComponents is the way to
go. That will require updating the Jakarta site.
The HttpComponents site also has a pointer to the 3.x
home page, which we should update eventually.

cheers,
  Roland