hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject [HttpCore] No garbage allowed in HTTP responses per default
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2007 19:34:10 GMT
Folks,

Given the fact we are introducing pluggable HTTP message parsers and
HTTP message writers, I would like to remove the old ugly code HttpCore
inherited from the HttpClient 2.x days [1] intended to discard garbage
lines preceding the HTTP status line. This particular feature was added
to make HttpClient more suitable for web crawlers that need to be able
to handle all sorts of broken CGIs out there. I would like to have this
piece of code removed. Garbage tolerance in HTTP responses can now be
achieved by plugging in a custom HTTP parser implementation and I feel
it should no longer be present in the stock version of HttpCore

Oleg

[1]
http://jakarta.apache.org/httpcomponents/httpcomponents-core/httpcore/xref/org/apache/http/impl/AbstractHttpClientConnection.html#242