hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus Herou" <marcushe...@gmail.com>
Subject Parsing http parameters
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 17:54:34 GMT
Since I tend to be stuck in the spam filter I don't supply any code in the
mail.

--clip clip--
Hi.

I have created a http server package for my project abstractcache.sf.net (not
released yet). I have used the httpcore components to build a BIO server
which performs really well.

However I'm a little puzzled...
Since I'm quite familiar with the servlet spec I assumed that
HttpRequest.getParams actually would return the parsed query string in the
GET case and the parsed body in the POST case.

I have gone through your xref and javadocs for 2 hours now and cannot find
any parsing facilities which does parameter parsing. Headers are parsed I
see.

Both of these are quite easy to parse but I thought that it was done already
since the package otherwise is in such a complete state. But you perhaps
want to leave parameter parsing to the implementor of the core package.

Please give me your thoughts about this.

Kindly

//Marcus Herou
--clip clip--

I fixed this locally now by parsing the request body in the
HttpRequestHandler but it seems to be a very bad an non generic place to do
so.

Kindly

//Marcus