hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: Notify listeners about state of method before retry
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 14:43:26 GMT
Hello Johannes,

> I have to know the state of the HTTP method to get the response before a
> retry is caused by redirection or authentication. I'd like to use
> HttpClient's built-in redirection and authentication handling. So I
> thought about having a listener for the
> org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector looking like this:
> [...]
>
> Are you interested in this idea? Or is there a simpler way to do it?

All our development efforts are going into the new 4.0 code base,
which has a radically redesigned API and is much simpler to customize:
http://jakarta.apache.org/httpcomponents/
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/httpcomponents/httpclient/trunk/

The 3.1 API has been frozen in beta1, and the upcoming release of
3.1 final in a few weeks is expected to be the last release from
the 3.x code base (barring fixes of major bugs, if such are found).

Saying that, you are welcome to provide a patch as attachment to
a JIRA issue. We'll support 3.x users for years to come, and we
would point anyone with a similar problem to your patch. But it's
not going to be integrated into a release.

cheers,
  Roland