hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [HttpClient] HttpClient 4.0 ALPHA1 pre-release packages
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 17:59:21 GMT
> Folks
>
> Please review pre-release packages, release notes and the web site and
> let me know if it is okay to proceed with the official release
>
> Release notes:
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpclient-4.0-alpha1-prerelease/RELEASE_NOTES.txt

OK

> Release packages:
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpclient-4.0-alpha1-prerelease/packages/

Checksums work; content looks OK. I did not try building/testing.

> Web site:
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpclient-4.0-alpha1-prerelease/httpcomponents/httpcomponents-client/

Front page says:

"HttpClient has a modular structure and consists of several modules."

However, only one module (HttpClient) is mentioned.

Might be useful to mention that the other modules have not yet been released.

The logo in the top rhs links to
http://jakarta.apache.org/httpcomponents/, which is fine. However the
HttpComponents link beneath it is to "../../../../../../../../../"
which does not work here; I assume that will work OK once deployed.

Examples:

I don't quite understand the ClientConnectionRelease example: the
finally block suggests calling either
(a) reader.close();
or
(b) entity.consumeContent();

Is it not necessary to call reader.close() in case (b) as well?
Or, if not necessary, would it do any harm?
[If not closed, then it is likely to trigger bug reports]

Minor niggle in ClientCustomContext.java - the local Context is stored
in the variable "localContent" which is a bit confusing.