hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject [HttpCore][HttpClient] Planning
Date Sat, 21 Jul 2007 16:53:55 GMT
Folks

Just some thoughts on how we should proceed. Please let me know if you
find something disagreeable.

(1) Put HttpCore on the back-burner for a while. I personally think Core
is pretty close to being completed. There is a few fairly non major
improvements that need to be made. Most of them (if not all) are
confined to just one class and thus can be tackled by external
contributors who do not necessarily need in depth knowledge of the whole
library.

(2) Freeze Core API sometime in September and release BETA1 shortly
after.

(3) I found myself enjoying hacking on HttpClient again because its
internal structures and code are no longer a complete bloody mess it
used to be in the days of HttpClient 2.x and 3.x. I will make a major
push toward completing the cookie management code. There is a few
non-trivial issues to be taken care of in that area.

(4) HttpClient 4.0 ALPHA2 shortly after HttpCore 4.0 BETA1

(5) Decision on NTLM support and multipart coded POSTs. Lots to be
discussed.

(6) Decision on packaging HttpConn, HttpCookie and HttpAuth as separate
modules (artifacts). Lots to be discussed as well.

Other thoughts?

Evil Comrade Oleg