hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Synapse not able to send request to jboss server + solaris 5.9
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 15:32:36 GMT
On Fri, 2007-07-06 at 07:29 -0700, balaji hari wrote:

> > The above seems quite confusing to me.. If the sample code you provide
> > can talk to an external Windows server, I don't see any reason why it
> > cant talk to a Solaris server? Just to be certain.. do you have any
> > firewalls or other software between the two boxes? Can you do a "telnet
> > <solarishost> <httpport>" from the command line and then a "GET /
> > HTTP/1.1" and see if you get some response back?
> >
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > No firewall issues, as we are able to do a telnet from solaris box to the
> > server running on localhost
> > and able to retrieve response. This is how results look like
> >
> > solaris -> windows - yes
> > windows -> solaris - yes
> > solaris -> solaris (localhost) - no (synapse and jboss server sitting on
> > the same machine can't talk to each other)

Very peculiar.

> > Not sure what the problem could be other than with NIO (because using
> > commons-httpclient API we are able to communicate to server running in
> > solaris)
> >
> > This is the code segment from
> > org.apache.http.impl.nio.reactor.DefaultConnectingIOReactor.java
> >
> > try {
> >                 readyCount = this.selector.select(TIMEOUT_CHECK_INTERVAL);
> >             } catch (InterruptedIOException ex) {
> >                 throw ex;
> >             } catch (IOException ex) {
> >                 throw new IOReactorException("Unexpected selector
> > failure", ex);
> >             }
> >
> >             if (this.closed) {
> >                 break;
> >             }
> >
> >             processSessionRequests();
> >
> >             if (readyCount > 0) {
> >                 processEvents(this.selector.selectedKeys());
> >             }
> >
> > Even though
> >
> > key = socketChannel.register(this.selector, 0);
> >
> > returns a valid selector key, the select() method returns count = 0.

This looks like a bug in Sun Solaris NIO implementation to me. However,
if just ignoring the readyCount value helps work the problem around I do
not see a problem with including it into HttpCore.

Could you please try patching the latest snapshot locally on a Solaris
2.9 box and see if you can get the test suite pass successfully?

Oleg