hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Core 4.0 ALPHA5 release
Date Sat, 30 Jun 2007 12:03:20 GMT
On Sat, 2007-06-30 at 06:25 +0100, ant elder wrote:

> > Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Core 4.0
> > ALPHA5. The vote is open for the next 72 hours, and only votes from
> > Jakarta PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least three
> > binding +1 votes are cast.
> >
> > Packages:
> > http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.0-alpha5/packages/
> >
> > Release notes:
> > http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.0-alpha5/RELEASE_NOTES.txt

> > Vote:  HttpComponents Core 4.0-ALPHA5 release
> > [ ] +1 Release the packages as HttpComponents Core 4.0-ALPHA5.
> > [ ] -1 I am against releasing the packages (must include a reason).
>

> +1
>
> Note that building from the src distro creates a jar name suffixed with
> -SNAPSHOT instead of -alpha5, could maybe fix that in the next release.
>
>    ...ant

Hi Anthony

It seems to work for me

oleg@okhost:~/temp/httpcore-4.0-alpha5/target/httpcomponents-core-4.0-alpha5$ find . -name
"*.jar"
./module-main/target/httpcore-4.0-alpha5.jar
./module-nio/target/httpcore-nio-4.0-alpha5.jar
./module-niossl/target/httpcore-niossl-4.0-alpha5.jar

I suspect you have not installed the parent POM to the local repository.
So, try 'mvn install' followed by 'mvn package' and see if that makes a
difference. I guess this is one of those peculiarities we all have come
to love about Maven.

Oleg