hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: publishing sources to the maven-repo
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2007 10:57:53 GMT
On Sun, 2007-06-10 at 12:33 +0200, Daniel Mueller wrote:
> Hi Oleg,
>
> Which one of the stated variants could be implemented? I have not the
> slightest clue about how you actually do releases, so it's a bit difficult
> to help.

Hi Daniel,

I still need to document the release process in more details [1] which I
intend to do in the course of the coming ALPHA5 release.

Currently I build release assemblies in a semi-manual fashion. I usually
deploy the release artifacts to the Maven repository first, then I run
javadoc and clover reports and finally build the release assemblies to
be made available for download.

I leave the decision as to which approach to take up to you. See what
makes more sense. I guess the simpler the better. I also do not expect
it to be fully hands-free. I think it is reasonable to expect some
degree of intelligence from the release manager, so some manual
interactions during the release process are fine by me.

Cheers,

Oleg

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCORE-62