hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Regarding HTTPComponents functioning.
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2007 09:50:56 GMT
On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 21:11 -0700, Sachin Mehrotra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So can we use these HTTP Client APIs in our HTTP Server Development for needed support
which i mentioned.

> Thanks,
> Sachin

Sachin,

You mentioned you needed APIs for cookie handling, but you did not
specify whether you needed components for client-side cookie handling,
server-side cookie handling or both.

So, what is it you are trying to achieve?. Are you developing a proxy of
a kind? If so, you may need some client-side HTTP components (for cookie
handling in outgoing requests, connection pooling and so on). If you are
developing what is effectively a custom servlet engine, then client-side
cookie API is of little use.

Hope this helps,

Oleg