hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Regarding HTTPComponents functioning.
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2007 12:42:34 GMT
On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 05:17 -0700, Sachin Mehrotra wrote:
> Hi,
>

> We are planning to use HTTP Components for our HTTP Stuff. We have some
> questions......

Hi Sachin,

Just some background info. HttpComponents are structured as a number of
loosely coupled modules. Presently two modules are being actively
developed HttpComponents Core (aka HttpCore) and HttpComponents Client
(a successor to Commons HttpClient 3.x). HttpCore provides generic low
level HTTP transport primitives only. HTTP state management primitives
will be provided as a part of HttpClient module. HttpCore is pretty
close to an API freeze (BETA1), whereas HttpClient is still in the early
development phase. We are planning to release the first ALPHA toward the
end of the month.

> a)       We haven't found APIs for placing our Custom SSL
> Implementation.

What kind of SSL customization do you envisage? Is it just about being
able to provide application specific SSLContext instance?

> b)       We haven't found any API's for Cookies handling.

Cookie handling framework is largely completed and does not differ that
much from that of HttpClient 3.x.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/httpcomponents/httpclient/trunk/module-client/src/main/java/org/apache/http/cookie/

It just needs to be made available as an official ASF endorsed release

Cheers

Oleg