hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: [HttpCore] HTTP parameters was Re: [HttpConn] test coverage
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 16:02:07 GMT
Hi Oleg,

>> - HttpParams.setDefaults: get rid of (subject to review)
>
> Hhm. That would quite a major change. If we do away with ability to
> chain HTTP parameter objects into hierarchies

I didn't plan to get rid of the hierarchies altogether.
I just want to make them an internal structure that can
not be messed up by clients calling .setDefaults() or
passing their own hierarchies into the API.
BasicHttpParams would become non-hierarchical, while
StackedHttpParams or some such class keeps a list of
two or three HttpParams to search for a value. I need
some time to scan the code for places where hierarchies
are used and to assess the impact of the change.

cheers,
  Roland