hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: [HttpComponents] artifact Ids (Jakarta no more)
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 15:49:39 GMT
Hi Oleg,

> Given the uncertainty surrounding the future of Jakarta I would like
> jakarta prefix dropped from all HttpComponents artifact ids (and from
> pom.xml altogether). This can potentially ease the transition of the
> project to another TLP (be it Web Services or a new TLP).

Artifact IDs are global, right? So if we drop jakarta from them, we
don't have a distinguishing element from potential httpcomponents in
other programming languages anymore. Can we insert a -java or -j?

httpcomponents-j-core
httpcomponents-j-nio
httpcomponents-j-niossl

That should last for some decades, until somebody invents a new
programming language called J. I read about D today, and I dimly
remember having read about E some years ago...

> The 'situation' with Jakarta is getting truly grotesque

I didn't notice any change lately ;-)

cheers,
  Roland