hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: FW: HttpClient authentication problem.
Date Sun, 20 May 2007 08:38:48 GMT
Hi Oleg, Sebastian, all,

> I _personally_ find the requirement of conditional compilation of LGPL
> dependent code too restrictive and complicating the release process,

I agree, in particular if that should mean we can't release binaries
with NTLM support built in. But the conditional compilation is a
_Jakarta_ policy, not an Apache one. Let's see where we are a year
from now.

sebb wrote:
> Quote:
>
> "Therefore, LGPL v2.1-licensed works must not be included in Apache
> products, although they may be listed as system requirements or
> distributed elsewhere as optional works."
>
> Seems to me that it should not be too difficult to make JCIFS an
> optional work.

As I understand it, optional work would refer to hosting a separate
project elsewhere and using the LGPL for that. HttpAuth-NTLM or such.
But listing jCIFS as system requirement for using NTLM seems quite
reasonable to me. It wouldn't be included in our product.

cheers,
  Roland