hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Gl├╝ck <...@odi.ch>
Subject Re: FW: HttpClient authentication problem.
Date Sat, 19 May 2007 17:28:31 GMT

sebb wrote:
> http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html
>
> shows the proposed rules, which don't seem to be particularly
> restrictive for LGPL.

Excuse me, Sebastian, this page lists the LGPL under Category X. X for "must not
apply to any software within an Apache product". And you find that "not
particularly restrictive"? I'm a bit puzzled now, to say the least.

Anyway, I didn't mean to kick off yet another discussion about including JCIFS
in Apache or not. I think all committers agree that we avoid the hell of
problems by doing such an integration outside of Apache.

Ortwin