hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@wso2.com>
Subject The future of 'contrib-benchmark'...
Date Tue, 01 May 2007 18:20:15 GMT
Hi Oleg

I am much interested to see the code currently in the 'contrib'
benchmark package publicized and given its due recognition esp since
most of the load testing tools currently out there have serious costs or
limitations. From my point of view even AB does not cut it well as it
fails to properly handle chunked responses and SSL (I may be wrong
here!) I have made a few enhancements to the code to support concurrent
user simulation and to support https, and for what I use it for (Web
services), its almost equal to AB in performance.. so I simply love it!

Do you have any plans for this code under HttpCore or do you see it
becoming a module or sub project etc? I would like to see this being
made available for the public to use.. and would be willing to
contribute more to this effort.

thanks
asankha