hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [HttpCore] HTTP parameters was Re: [HttpConn] test coverage
Date Sun, 27 May 2007 13:18:37 GMT
On Sun, 2007-05-27 at 11:35 +0200, Roland Weber wrote:
> Hi Oleg, all,
>
> step 4: (?)
> In HttpCore-main, three classes call params.setDefaults().
> - AbstractHttpServerConnection, on the request being received
> - AbstractHttpClientConnection, on the response being received
> - HttpService (x4), on newly created response objects

Hi Roland

As step 4 I moved all param hierarchy building logic from
Http*Connection classes to the corresponding HTTP service classes.

Now, please hear me out. The only place where #setDefaults is being used
outside HttpCore is DefaultClientRequestDirector. Can we _please_ move
those bits of code back to HttpRequestExecutor? This would effectively
encapsulate all param hierarchy building logic inside o.a.http.protocol
package and would enable us to keep it internal to HttpCore protocol
level code. This also gives up an option to replace the #setDefault
stuff with a solution based on a private class StackedHttpParams or some
such. _Please_

I also would like to remove HttpParams parameter from
HttpClientConnection#receiveResponseHeader and
HttpServerConnection#receiveRequestHeader methods if you do not mind.

Cheers

Oleg