hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [HttpComponents] Going TLP
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 16:00:27 GMT
On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 16:42 +0100, sebb wrote:
> > On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 15:05 +0100, sebb wrote:
> > > Just something to consider:
> > >
> > > Is the project going to have sufficient members to sustain it as a TLP
> > > long-term?
> > >

> > I am well aware of increased risks that being a TLP implies, hence our
> > (and my) long resistance to this idea. That's why I see 6 PMC members as
> > an absolute minimum. At the same time this whole Jakarta saga has been
> > draining too much of our rather limited cycles. Severing the remaining
> > links with whatever is left of Jakarta seems like a lesser evil to me.
>
> Or perhaps HttpClient could (re)join Commons TLP?
>
> Might be less work.

It might be in the short run. But I am not sure we will not be kindly
asked to leave _again_ once people realize there is very little overlap
in terms of community (the reason Commons HttpClient got its own dev
list in the first place). Besides I am _personally_ not that trilled
about the prospect of sharing the dev list with the rest of Commons.

Oleg