hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [HttpComponents] Going TLP
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 15:32:33 GMT
On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 15:05 +0100, sebb wrote:
> Just something to consider:
>
> Is the project going to have sufficient members to sustain it as a TLP
> long-term?

I am well aware of increased risks that being a TLP implies, hence our
(and my) long resistance to this idea. That's why I see 6 PMC members as
an absolute minimum. At the same time this whole Jakarta saga has been
draining too much of our rather limited cycles. Severing the remaining
links with whatever is left of Jakarta seems like a lesser evil to me.

Oleg