hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [HttpComponents] Going TLP
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 12:58:33 GMT
On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 14:45 +0200, Ortwin Gl├╝ck wrote:

> Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> > I am afraid our hand has been forced. We have no other option but
> > seriously consider moving elsewhere.
>
> That seems to be the case indeed.
>
>  > If no one speaks against it, I
> > would like to put together a draft TLP resolution and ask existing ASF
> > committers if anyone would be interested in being on HttpComponents PMC
> > and overseeing the project. If we got at least 6 to 8 volunteers we
> > could go ahead with the TLP proposal.
>
> You seem to be following some cookbook how to become a TLP project. Do
> you have a reference to that? Since I have never "gone TLP" before I'd
> like to learn the requirements.

I am basically trying to follow the same procedure POI, Turbine (and
partially Commons) have gone through. We already have a project charter,
which is a good start. I am going to shamelessly copy one of the
previous TLP proposals (there must be even a template somewhere) and
simply tweak it a little.

Oleg