hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject [HttpComponents] Going TLP
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 12:14:44 GMT
Folks,

I can't help feeling that being a part of Jakarta has become a liability
for the project given the latest discussions on general@jakarta. I
simply could not care less if Commons becomes Jakarta then becomes
Commons or Jakarta becomes Commons then becomes Jakarta or some other
twisted combination of the two.

I am afraid our hand has been forced. We have no other option but
seriously consider moving elsewhere. If no one speaks against it, I
would like to put together a draft TLP resolution and ask existing ASF
committers if anyone would be interested in being on HttpComponents PMC
and overseeing the project. If we got at least 6 to 8 volunteers we
could go ahead with the TLP proposal. If not, we could still consider
asking Web Services TLP to accept us as a subproject overseen by Web
Services PMC or merge back into Commons

Oleg